Mar 4, 2022
To learn more and apply to work
one-on-one with Rachel, visit her website: https://www.metflexlife.com/apply
Join Rachel’s weekly
newsletter: The Friday Flex!
THINGS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
In this episode, Rachel chats about caffeine intake, how
to control your dependency on caffeine along with alternatives to
try, DOM’s and how to tell if it’s newbie soreness or your body
signaling other potential issues, why its essential to pair your
training with your lifestyle, and much more!
- I’m curious how you feel about 5-hour energy or
any energy drinks? I’ve gotten in the habit of consuming them on a
daily basis. Probably not the best. What do you recommend as a
- DOMs is making me unable to hit my every other
day at the gym goal. I am tracking my progressive overload so I
don’t think I’m lifting too heavy, and I’m sticking to about 3
sets. Is this a newbie thing?
- How do you count calories and stay in a
- Tips to check yourself with caffeine dependency
and what Rachel recommends as alternatives to
- How to pair your lifestyle with your training
so you set yourself up for success, not burnout
- Macro Tracking tips for beginners
- [0:00] Welcome back to MetFlex and Chill with
host Rachel Gregory! Today’s episode is a solo Q&A covering
topics related to energy drinks, calorie deficits, and progressive
- [0:30] Subscribe to the Friday Flex for weekly
tips, podcasts, recipes, and more HERE!
- [2:00] Question: I’m curious how you feel about
5-hour energy or any energy drinks? I’ve gotten in the habit
of consuming them on a daily basis. Probably not the best. What do
you recommend as a replacement?
- [4:30] Caffeine has a
- [5:30] Grab your sleep checklist to help you
optimize your sleep at https://www.metflexlife.com/sleep-checklist
- [6:30] Looking for a focus boost/cognitive
support, check out
- [8:30] If you’re interested in a pre-workout,
- [9:30] What is
- [12:00] Question: DOMs is making me unable to hit my every other day
at the gym goal. I am tracking my progressive overload so I don’t
think I’m lifting too heavy, and I’m sticking to about 3 sets. Is
this a newbie thing?
- [13:30] “Soreness is not an indication that you had a
good workout.” Rachel
- [18:30] Check out my Kickstart & Level Up programs
- [18:30] To work one-on-one with Rachel go
- [19:00] Question: How do you count calories and
stay in a deficit?
- [19:00] 1st Phorm Tracking App
- [21:30] “I'm a huge fan of tracking just because it
builds a ton of awareness. And it gives you
Episode 120: Can I Lose Weight
Without Tracking Macros?
- [23:30] Subscribe to the Friday Flex to receive
weekly tips, recipes, podcasts, and more!
Join the FREE MetFLex Life
Rachel Gregory is a
Board-Certified Nutritionist, Strength and Conditioning Specialist,
Podcaster, and founder of MetFlex Life. She is also the author of
the international best-selling book, "21-Day Ketogenic Diet Weight Loss
Rachel received her Master’s
Degree in Nutrition & Exercise Physiology from James Madison
University and Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Medicine from the
University of Miami. Rachel completed the first-ever human clinical
trial looking at the effects of the Ketogenic Diet in non-elite
CrossFit athletes, which is published in the
International Journal of Sports
and Exercise Medicine.
Currently, in her day-to-day
coaching business, Rachel guides her clients to becoming the best,
most confident version of themselves. She has a passion for
educating those dedicated to optimizing their physical and mental
well-being while improving long-term health and fitness goals. Her
most popular course, Keto for Women, has helped women all across the world learn how
to ditch the restrictive, all-or-nothing mindset associated with
keto and instead thrive through the power of metabolic
You can connect and learn more
about Rachel's work by visiting her website www.metflexlife.com