May 21, 2021
To watch this episode, please
In this episode, Robert and I give our perspectives on
PSMF days, the pro’s and con’s of a PSMF approach, habits vs.
hacks, how to find balance within the stressors of life so you
benefit from hard work without burnout, calorie budgeting for the
week, and much more!
"With a PSMF protocol, if
you're not educated on the different ways to utilize it properly,
then it can definitely be taken too far and do more harm than
"I feel like what's
happening is a lot of people are exposed to PSMFs and trying to
implement them while chronically undereating with a downregulated
metabolism, and that's got negative side effects."
- Benefits and potential drawbacks of
incorporating a PSMF protocol
- Signs of a poorly set up approach with a PSMF
- Robert’s recommendation from a competitive
standpoint on PSMF days
- Rachel’s recommendation on PSMF days from a
lifestyle habit approach
- How to use PSMF day’s as a tool, not a
- [0:00] Welcome back to MetFlex and Chill!
Today’s episode is all about PSMF days with Robert
- [1:30] If you want to watch the episode vs.
- [1:30] If you’re enjoying the show or this
episode please remember to share by screenshotting the episode and
tagging @rachelgregory.cns or Robert @livesavage
- [5:00] Question: What exactly is a
- [12:30] Rachel dives into some of the basics
- [16:30] Question: Say you take a sample size of
100 people. And these are 100 people that have heard or been
exposed to protein-sparing modified fasts in some form or fashion.
What percentage of those 100 people do you think are doing it in a
healthy way like you are?
- [19:30] Using PSMF days as a tool, not an
- [23:00] Question: How about you give the pros
to the protein-sparing modified fast from a physiological
standpoint. And then from a psychological standpoint? I'll do the
cons from the same side.
- [31:30] Question: If you were trying to
optimize your performance in the gym or in your given sport, do you
think just from a physiological performance standpoint, the body is
going to do better in fueling your activity with an average intake
throughout the week that is pretty consistent or a lot of
- [34:30] Being in a
may not align with adding in a PSMF
- [39:30] PSMF days the new
- [40:30] Extended fasting with the goal of fat
loss in mind
- [45:30] Reasons why Robert can’t get behind
“hacks” and “quick fixes”
- [47:30] Differences between hacks vs.
and PSMF days... Education is
- [58:30] Rachel’s recommendation on
how to set up a PSMF day
5-Minute Low-Carb Protein Ice
- [1:02:30] Robert’s recommendations for
consistency vs. drastic daily/weekly changes
- [1:08:00] “I have a problem when I've gotten
just a massive influx of clients that are suffering from chronic
under-eating, and it's the result of bad information out there.”
- [1:10:00] You can find Rachel at
www.metflexlife.com or IG @rachelgregory.cns
- [1:10:30] You can find Robert at
https://ketosavage.com/ and IG @livesavage
- [1:10:30] Check out the Keto For Women Program
- [1:11:00] If you’re interested in one-on-one
coaching with Rachel go to www.metflexlife.com/apply
Join the FREE MetFLex Life
Rachel Gregory (@rachelgregory.cns) is a Board-Certified Nutrition Specialist,
Strength and Conditioning Specialist, and Author of the
best-selling book, 21-Day Ketogenic Diet Weight Loss
Challenge. She received
her Master’s Degree in Nutrition & Exercise Physiology from James
Madison University and Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Medicine from
the University of Miami.
Rachel helps her clients
transform their lives by starting with the physical (body),
realizing the power of the mental (mindset), and ultimately gaining
massive confidence that bleeds into every aspect of their lives
(family, relationships, work, etc.).