Oct 1, 2021
To learn more and apply to work
one-on-one with Rachel, visit her website: https://www.metflexlife.com/
Join Rachel’s weekly
In this episode, Rachel chats about ways to determine
your TDEE, the most controllable variable of TDEE, signs, and
symptoms of when it might be time to pivot training and nutrition
protocols, how to get the most out of resistance training and
running, and more!
“If at least 80% of your day
is made up of whole foods that have either had a face at some point
or grown from the earth at some point, then you're probably doing
- What is the best way to determine energy spent?
- Alternate Day Fasting with daily heavy workouts
makes me feel less efficient. What should I do?
- Why does my body change drastically throughout
the day? Is it water weight?
- My son needs to run for his psyche but wants to
build muscle and resistance train. How should he go about mixing
- These 4 components combined are what make up
your TDEE or total daily energy expenditure
- Tips on how to decrease bloat throughout the
- How to structure your days to get the benefits
of both resistance training and running
- [0:00] Welcome back to MetFlex and Chill! Today
is a Q&A solo episode taking on questions from IG
- [0:00] If you’re loving MetFlex and Chill and
want to help grow the show, please head over to Itunes and leave a
rating and review! How to Leave an Apple Podcast
Review: First, Open the
podcast app on your iPhone, Mac, or iPad. Then, hit the “Search”
tab at the bottom right-hand corner of the page and search for
MetFlex and Chill. Select the podcast, scroll down to find the
subheading “Ratings & Reviews”. and select “Write a Review.” Next,
select the number of stars you’d like to leave. Please choose 5
stars! Using the text box which says “Title,” write a title for
your review. Then in the text box, write the review itself. The
review can be up to 300 words long, but doesn’t need to be much
more than: “Love the show! Thanks!” or “Rachel provides wonderful
content from a multitude of expert guests!” Once you’re done select
“Send” in the upper right-hand corner.
- [1:00] Question: What is the best way to
determine energy spent? (energy expenditure)
- [1:30] What is TDEE: Total Daily Energy
- [11:30] “If at least 80% of your day is made up of
whole foods that have either had a face at some point or grown from
the earth at some point, then you're probably doing pretty
- [13:30] This simple tweak to your day can make a HUGE
- [16:00] TDEEcalculator.net
Episode 46: How To Find Maintenance
Caloric Intake, Fast vs. Slow Fat Loss, Accuracy of Tracking
Devices, and More!
- [19:30] Question:
Alternate-day fasting with daily heavy workouts makes me feel less
efficient. What should I do?
- [21:30] “You're going to hinder your performance and
your recovery if you don't have any fuel coming
- [23:30] Question: Why does my body change
drastically throughout the day? Is it water weight?
Episode 52: Most Common Causes of
Bloating, Intermittent Fasting vs. Time Restricted Feeding, and
Training While Fasted
- [25:30] Question: My son needs to run for his
psyche but wants to build muscle and resistance train. How should
he go about mixing the two?
- [29:30] Thanks for listening to another solo
Q&A episode. If you know anyone that could benefit from
MetFlex and Chill please share it out on your social media and tag
Rachel @rachelgregory.cns or head over to iTunes and leave a review to
help grow the show!
THINGS MENTIONED IN THIS
Join the FREE MetFLex Life
Rachel Gregory (@rachelgregory.cns) is a Board-Certified Nutrition Specialist,
Strength and Conditioning Specialist, and Author of the
best-selling book, 21-Day Ketogenic Diet Weight Loss
Challenge. She received
her Master’s Degree in Nutrition & Exercise Physiology from James
Madison University and Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Medicine from
the University of Miami.
Rachel helps her clients
transform their lives by starting with the physical (body),
realizing the power of the mental (mindset), and ultimately gaining
massive confidence that bleeds into every aspect of their lives
(family, relationships, work, etc.).