Sep 24, 2021
To watch this episode, please
Listeners can find Shawn Wells
at his website https://shawnwells.com/,
and on Instagram @shawnwells
Shawn Wells is one of the
world’s leading nutritional biochemists and experts on health
optimization. He has formulated over 500 supplements, food,
beverages, and cosmeceuticals and patented 10 novel ingredients.
Formerly a Chief Clinical Dietitian with over a decade of clinical
experience, he has counseled thousands of people on innovative
health solutions. He has also personally overcome various health
issues including Epstein-Barr Virus, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome,
Fibromyalgia, depression, insomnia, obesity, and a pituitary
As a world-renowned
thought-leader on mitochondrial health, his insights have been
prominently featured in documentaries, podcasts, and on morning
television. His expertise can help any health-conscious individual
to better manage stress and experience greater resilience and more
energy through utilizing his practical research-backed
His book, "The ENERGY Formula"
has been recognized by both USA Today and Forbes as well as an
Amazon best-seller in multiple categories.
In this episode, Shawn and I chat all about his new book
“The Energy Formula” and discuss Shawn’s top three supplements for
sleep, stress, and exercise. Shawn gives his tips on how to find
quality supplements in a saturated market and why he considers
sodium to be one of the most underrated, yet powerful tools for
- Three factors to take into consideration when
buying a quality supplement
- Two supplements that pair well with
- One of the most underrated pre-workout
- Benefits to taking Dihydroberberine
- [0:00] Rachel gives a brief introduction of
guest Shawn Wells @shawnwells
- [1:00] Welcome back to MetFlex and Chill!
Rachel welcomes guest Shawn Wells
- [2:30] Shawn dives into his background as a
- [4:00] The Energy Formula
- [4:00] Question: What would you recommend
people look for when seeking out a quality supplement?
- [4:30] Check out www.energyformula.com to listen to the first couple of chapters for
- [10:30] What are proprietary blends in
- [13:00] www.examine.com , www.pubmed.gov
- [19:00] Question: What are your thoughts
melatonin and would you
recommend it as a sleep aid?
- [28:00] Can you test your melatonin
- [32:00] If you’re curious about supplements and
dosages, check out https://shawnwells.com/ for more info!
- [33:30] Question: Are there any stress-reducing
supplements that you take or recommend?
Stress: benefits and
when it can be too much
- [38:00] Question: Can you talk about the
importance of finding the sweet spot between performance vs.
- [45:00] Question: Do you recommend any
pre-workout and post-workout supplements?
- [53:00] Question: Are there any post-workout
supplements you stand by?
Dr. Rob Wildman PhD, RD,
- [1:02:00] Question: What are your top three
immune health supplements?
Active Hexose Correlated Compound
- [1:10:00] Question: What about
- [1:12:30] If you want to check out more from
Shawn Wells you can find him at his website https://shawnwells.com/, and on Instagram @shawnwells and his book The Energy Formula is available on
his website or
Episode 43: All Things PROTEIN with
Episode 33: Top 5 Supplements
Everyone Should Consider with Shawn Wells
- Thanks for listening to another episode! If
you’re loving MetFlex and Chill and want to help grow the show,
please head over to Itunes and leave a rating and review!
How to Leave an Apple Podcast Review: First, Open the podcast app on your iPhone,
Mac, or iPad. Then, hit the “Search” tab at the bottom right-hand
corner of the page and search for MetFlex and Chill. Select the
podcast, scroll down to find the subheading “Ratings & Reviews”.
and select “Write a Review.” Next, select the number of stars you’d
like to leave. Please choose 5 stars! Using the text box which says
“Title,” write a title for your review. Then in the text box, write
the review itself. The review can be up to 300 words long, but
doesn’t need to be much more than: “Love the show! Thanks!” or
“Rachel provides wonderful content from a multitude of expert
guests!” Once you’re done select “Send” in the upper right-hand
Join the FREE MetFLex Life
Rachel Gregory (@rachelgregory.cns) is a Board-Certified Nutrition Specialist,
Strength and Conditioning Specialist, and Author of the
best-selling book, 21-Day Ketogenic Diet Weight Loss
Challenge. She received
her Master’s Degree in Nutrition & Exercise Physiology from James
Madison University and Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Medicine from
the University of Miami.
Rachel helps her clients
transform their lives by starting with the physical (body),
realizing the power of the mental (mindset), and ultimately gaining
massive confidence that bleeds into every aspect of their lives
(family, relationships, work, etc.).